Last Updated on January 16, 2023 by Charles “Mack” Barnes
To qualify for a provisional sales associate real estate license in Oklahoma, you need to be at least 18 years of age, and provide evidence of citizenship or qualified alien status.
- Complete a 90-hour Basic Pre-License Course.
- Submit your real estate license application to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission (OREC).
- Complete a background check.
- Pass the Oklahoma Salesperson exam.
- Pay your license fee to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission.
Basic Pre-License Course
Barnes Real Estate School offers a 90-hour Basic Pre-License course that’s available online.
Real Estate License Application
Applicants will need to complete and submit the real estate license application to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission.
Schedule an appointment with IdentoGO to process your fingerprints electronically. IdentoGO will collect the $60 fee associated with the background check.
Schedule your exam with PSI. The exam fee is $60, and a score of 70% or better is needed to pass the exam.
Complete and submit the form Request for Issuance of an Active Provisional Sales Associate or Sales Associate License, along with the license fee of $100 to the OREC.
For more detailed instructions on how to receive a real estate license, visit the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission’s website.
Law Update Effective November 1, 2019
Oklahoma Real Estate Provisional Sales Associate License
Real estate licensees start as a provisional sales associate in Oklahoma. Within the first year of licensure as a provisional sales associate, you will need to complete a 45-hour Post-License course. After your first year licensed as a provisional sales associate, completion of the required education and submission of the applicable form and fees to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission (OREC), the OREC will issue a Sales Associate License. Licensee must be associated with a real estate broker for the license to be active.
- License valid for one-year.
- License fee is $100
- $35 Application Fee
- 45-hour Post-License course required within the one-year license term.
Oklahoma Real Estate Commission Fee Increase Effective November 1, 2020
The Oklahoma Real Estate Commission updated their rules earlier this year, and the changes become effective November 1, 2020. The rule changes include license fee increases across the board. Below is a break-down of the notable fee increases.
- Provisional sales associate license fees increase from $75 to $100.
- Sales associate license fees increase from $165 to $215.
- Broker, corporations, associations, or partnerships license fees increase from $225 to $295.
- Broker associate license fees increase from $195 to $260.
- New Fee – A one-time application processing fee of $35 shall accompany all applications for original licensure.